2. Some people said he is a Good man but some said Christ was deceiving people. (V12)
3. But nobody spoke openly fearing the Jews. (V13)
4. In the middle of the feast Jesus taught in the temple.(v14)
5. The Jews marvelled how he knew all letters without learning. (V15)
6. Jesus told them that the doctrine he is preaching is not his but of the one who sent him. (V16)
7. Jesus said if any man do the will of God then he will understand whether the doctrine is of God or of man. (V17)
8. If one speaks about himself he is seeking his own glory, but if he seeks the glory of the one who sent him, he is true and there is no unrighteousness in him. (V18).
9. Jesus asked why they do not keep the law and go about trying to kill him, though Moses gave the law. (V19)
10. The people asked why they would want to kill him and that he has a devil. (V20)
Doing the will of God:
Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
Many a times we too question the doctrine of CHRIST whether it is truly from God.
May be because it is so different from our ways?
May be because it is very different from the norm?
May be because it is too supernatural that natural minds cannot comprehend?
Whatever be it, the word of God says we will never be able to accept this doctrine of CHRIST unless we submit ourselves to do God's will. You can read more about the will of God in my previous post.
The WORD of GOD says,
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Meaning take the chocolate, unwrap it, put in your mouth and then only we can taste... and see it.
Same way, give your life to God, hear his words and become a doer of his words and then only we can know who God is.
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Jesus wants us not only to hear from him but also do according to the will of God. Dear Child of God,
If we are his sheep we will hear the shepherd's voice and we will follow him. I pray that the spirit of God will enlighten us to hear God's voice and obey.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
LIFE APPLICATION 2:
What to do when we are falsely accused
In this chapter Jesus was accused as being a devil. What more can a person get.
I am going to explain how we are to face accusations in the light of the scriptures.
Sanctify the Lord in your hearts having a good conscience:
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
Please go through the previous post on dealing with offensehttps://christlovelovelin.blogspot.com/2019/01/dealing-with-offense-meditation-john.html?m=1 for further meditation on handling accusations.
God be with you. May the good Lord keep your whole body, spirit and soul blameless till his coming. Amen.
1. Rest assured! Being accused of being bad is normal.
2. Understand there is a demon behind and come quickly under the wings of God.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
3. When our master himself was accused and endured; we will also endure and come out of it. We are on the victory side.
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
4. Accusing is the roar of devil.... we have the Lion of Judah with us. Today I pray that every mouth of such lions be shut in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
To god be the glory . Amen.