2. Christ asked her to bring her husband (v16)
3. She said she does not have a husband. Jesus read her life and told her about her marital status. (V18)
4. The woman perceived Christ to be a prophet (v19)
5. Then she wanted to know how to and where to worship God. (V20)
6. Christ answered that there comes a time when people will worship God in spirit and in truth. (V23)
7. God is spirit and Christ said that we must worship him in spirit and in truth. (V24)
Yesterday we meditated on the living waters. We can see various steps of how CHRIST led this woman to the living waters ie, the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
Dear reader, I would recommend you to check your life deep inside who you are where you are standing when compared to this Samaritan woman. Continue reading to know more about how to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
1. The woman recognised her need for the living waters and asks it from Christ. (V15)
Many of us are thirsty for the living waters. Our soul is like a parched ground, empty inside. We go back to physical help, or temporary solutions as this woman going to the well to draw water every time, only to thirst again and for more. We try to fix it with medications. We try to fix it with drugs. We try to fix it with food. We try to fix it with Yoga and exercise and why not, even with sleep, but in vain. The vacuum in us is growing more and more. Basically we are looking out for the right thing in a wrong place. We are looking out for spiritual need in the physical realm. This is why we end up feeling more empty and drained. So let us ask CHRIST the giver of the living waters today to fill us that we thirst no more, spiritually.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
2. The first thing Christ does to anyone who wants this living waters is to deal with their sins. (V16)
Are you struggling with hidden sins? Bring it to the light of Christ. Are you Holy in your thoughts regarding your spouse? If you are not married, how is your LIFE? Trust me BROTHER, Trust me sister, DO not cheat yourself that you can walk away with your sins and still enter heaven, because the word of God says,
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
If God is speaking to you today of any of these sins deal with it in God's presence. This is the second step to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
3. The next step comes the revelation about Christ. We have meditated in my previous post, that a person who had an encounter with Christ can never be the same. The Samaritan woman perceived him to be a prophet. (V19)
How is your perception about Christ? Have you ever tasted and seen him to be good. Is he your healer? Is he your delivered? Is he the one to give you peace? Do you walk with God? Do you want to know more of who he is?
Oh, my dear brothers and sisters, if you are in this stage, you cannot stop but worship God. (V20) you can simply not stop but worship God when you really know who he is. And this is where is the breakthrough as we start worshipping him in Spirit and in truth. (V23,24) the living waters flow through us and our Spirit man becomes more alive and flowing. All these starts with salvation (v22)
This is how the Samaritan woman received the living waters...that she went and told about Christ to everyone and brought many to CHRIST, being a powerful testimony for him.
Let us also ask of this living waters... and God will fill us with more....