2. The woman asked him how he can ask water from her as he was a Jew and she was from Samaria ( v 9)
3. Jesus answered if she knew who he was and the gift of God then she would have asked him for the living waters. (V10)
4. The woman asked Christ how he can give her water as the well is deep and he had nothing to draw with. ( v11)
5. She asked him if he was greater than Jacob as he gave drink not only to himself but also to the cattle and children. ( v12)
6. Jesus said to her that whoever drinks this water ( physical) shall thirst again. but whoever drinks of the water Christ gives shall never thirst again. (V13)
7. Because the water that CHRIST gives shall be like a well of water springing up to eternal life ( v14)
1. Jesus asked the woman " Give me to drink".
Christ is asking of something he expects to be within the Samaritan woman. What is it?
Many a times our soul is like a parched ground. Have you ever felt something missing in your life, deep down inside...??
Do you feel empty inside when you possess every kind of blessings you can name??
This is how it feels when our soul is dry like a parched ground,
thirsting for the living waters.
Christ refers to the Holy Spirit as the living waters, drawn from the wells of salvation. Let us look into the scriptures below,
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
Here the Holy Spirit is referred to water.
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
Here salvation refers to the wells deep inside of us.
This is what CHRIST referred to , when he asked for a drink from the Living waters.
Let us see more examples:
Christ wants his bride to not only draw water for him but also for multitudes
Behold, I stand by the well of water; and it shall come to pass, that when the virgin cometh forth to draw water, and I say to her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water of thy pitcher to drink;
And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking.
Rebecca chosen by the servant as a bride for Isaac is a Revelation of how CHRIST chooses his bride too.
A chosen generation filled with springs of living waters, filled with the Holy Spirit, whose waters flow outside and quinches the thirst of many.
And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Yes, when the Spirit of God fills us and we are led by him continuously we will be like a well watered garden with springs of water which fails
LIFE APPLICATION 2:
1. Same like Nicodemus she could only see the physical side and was asking how Jews can interact with Samaritans. (V9)
2. Jesus talks to her about Salvation as the Gift of God. (V10)
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
4. Christ further explains that the water that CHRIST gives, meaning the Spirit of God springs in us as a river that never dries up.
There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
God puts this river into us... that we will be beaming with this living waters.
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
So today is the day! Is your soul like a parched ground? Dry and empty? Ask of christ and out of your belly shall living waters flows that you will never be thirsty again. (V10)