2. Again, the Jews questioned John about his witness about Christ and that many people go to Christ, than to himself. ( V24-26)
3. John confirms again his witness that nobody receives anything unless it is given to them from heaven and that he himself is not CHRIST but the one sent before him. (V27,28)
4. He speaks about Christ being the bridegroom of the bride, the church, he himself being the friend of the bridegroom. He also rejoices for hearing the voice of CHRIST. (V29)
5. He further endorse the testimony of CHRIST, as something that he speaks of what he has seen and heard as they are the words of God and God has given his Spirit without measure in him. (V31-34)
6. He wanted Christ to increase and himself to decrease. (V30)
7. If we can receive his testimony we know that God is true. (V33)
8. The Father God Loveth Christ and has given him authority over all things. (V35)
9. Hence if we believe in Jesus CHRIST we will have everlasting life, but if not we shall not see life as the wrath of God will abide on us.
Life Application 1:
WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO IN LIFE - As the BRIDE OF CHRIST ?
Every born again Christian, washed and redeemed by the blood of Christ are a part of a heavenly church - The bride of CHRIST.
Let us go through a few scriptures:
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
The great city, the new Jerusalem is going to be the bride.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
What is this new Jerusalem?
1. This is a place where the saved in Christ are going to be.
And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
2. This is the place where there is no need for sun or moon.
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
3. There will be no abomination or filth and only if our name is there in the lamb's book of life we can be there.
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
The church is the bride of CHRIST.
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Christ has bought the church by giving himself for it.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
The church is the bride of CHRIST. Christ being the bridegroom and you and me are going to be the part of this bride church
We are knit together to be a part of the bigger body of CHRIST.
And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
How does CHRIST wants his bride to be?
1. God wants his church to be blameless.
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
2. Washed by the blood of the LAMB.
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
3. Subject to Christ:
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
4. A Royal priesthood
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
Life Application 2:
Witness of John the Baptist:
1. John never hesitated to lift up Christ, though he is decreased. (V30)
2. He did not hesitate to acknowledge that he is not CHRIST, but only the one who came before him (v27,28)
3. He testified that CHRIST is the one who came from heaven and he knows the things of heaven than any one else. (V31-33)
4. He acknowledged that CHRIST is full of Holy Spirit without measure.
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
5. And moreover it was revealed to him that CHRIST is the bridegroom for the bride called CHURCH. (V29)
6. Christ is given all authority in heaven and earth. (V35)
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
7. If we believe in Christ we will have eternal life. But if we do not believe we are under eternal damnation.
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
God wants us to look up to the heavenly Church than the one on Earth today. We might see a lot of disorders in the churches of the present age. But Christ wants us to adorn ourselves each day as brides waiting for our groom. Let us also along with the Spirit say 'come'
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
May the Spirit of God reveal you more.