Let me give you an example from the Bible. Let us look into the series of events that happened in the life of Judas.
1. Judas gives place to Satan in his heart:
Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
2. Satan enters Judas to betray Jesus:
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
3. Judas betrays Jesus:
And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.
4. When he saw Jesus was condemned he repents and tries to help Jesus if he can release him.
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
5. Judas hangs himself out of GUILT.
And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
Guilt is painful; guilt kills us; It can be anything of our past, that is throwing a dark shadow of Guilt on our future.
Today Is the day to break that stronghold from your life.
Satan tempts us to sin- sins condemns under the light of the Law- condemnation breeds guilt - guilt brings shame-
Shame brings destruction.
All of these work in darkness. Shame does not allow us to address this issue in the light of the gospel.
We are unable to talk out the real problem and cry within ourselves, making issues worse.
Now let us see a godly example from the word, how Peter overcame guilt as compared to Judas.
1. Jesus prophesies about Peter denying him.
Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.
Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
2. Peter denies Jesus thrice.
Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
3. Peter cries and repented.
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
4. But when Christ rose up on the third day he was the first to run to the sepulchre.
Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.
5. God restores the relationship again.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Do you love Jesus? Come back to him as Peter did.
Christ did not come to condemn us but to save us. V17.
If we can believe this we are no longer condemned as it is written,
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Praise be to God... we are no longer under the ministry of Condemnation, ie, the Law. But we are set free from its bonds.
For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
Sin and guilt have been already condemned by what CHRIST did on the cross in the flesh. Now we are free to worship him.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Let guilt not keep keep you away from the presence of God. Today is the day to reconcile with God and bring it to light.
1. JESUS LOVES YOU NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE.
2. JESUS LOVES YOU THE WAY YOU ARE.
3. JESUS LOVES YOU HOW MUCH EVER DIRTY YOU ARE.
4. JESUS LOVES YOU EVEN IF YOU ARE UNDER DEEP ADDICTIONS.
5. JESUS LOVES YOU WHATEVER BE YOUR PAST; HE WANTS TO GIVE YOU A BRAND NEW FUTURE.
6. YOU DO NOT NEED TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING TO WIN THE LOVE OF GOD
Simply to put,
YOU HAVE HOPE IN Jesus.
Also, you do not need to read 20 chapters of the Bible or walk a 1000 miles to win God's heart.
He loves you and he is willing to free you today.
STEPS TO FOLLOW FOR FREEDOM FROM GUILT, SHAME AND CONDEMNATION:
1. Honestly Name it: address and acknowledge your hidden emotions, feelings and problems before God. So that it is brought into light.
2. Deny the Lies the Devil puts in your heart, that you are not accepted.
3. Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that you can come back to Jesus and he will break these strongholds.
4. Now, pray this prayer with me,
I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus has carried my guilt and shame at the cross in the flesh and I have PEACE with you through JESUS CHRIST. I give you my life and I invite you into my heart to break every strongholds ( name it if you would want to) of GUILT and shame in my life. Thank you for loving me. In Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Please send prayer requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pray for you. God bless you all.