2. The Jews told him that he has a devil and that Abraham and other prophets died but he is telling that if any man shall keep his words they shall not die. (V52)
3. They asked what he is making of himself as Abraham and all the prophets died. (V53)
4. Jesus answered and said to them that if he honours himself his honor is nothing, but it is the Father who honours him, the one whom they say as God. (V54)
5. Jesus said that still they Don't know him but he knows him and that if Christ said he doesn't know the father then he is also a liar like them. Jesus said he knows the Father and keeps his sayings. (V55)
6. Jesus said even Abraham wanted to see his day and he saw it and was glad. (V56)
7. Then the Jews started murmuring that CHRIST was not even fifty years old and how had he seen him. (V57)
8. For this Christ verily verily said unto them that before Abraham, was he. (V58)
9. They took stones to stone him, but Christ went out of the temple and passed by through their midst. (V59)
The great I AM
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Today, God put in my heart to share a small thought on the great I AM.
As I am writing this, my heart shivers as I ponder the greatness of our Almighty God and King.
By his Grace and mercy, let me show you a glimpse of this great I AM from the scriptures as the way the spirit of God leads me to do.
This word "AM" is very interesting. It means it is a present tense always, and is not changed by the past or by the future.
Simply put, the word am has no tense.
This is very difficult to explain with human words, with a small mind we can comprehend with.
Let me turn into the scriptures for better enlightening.
When God tried to explain who he is to Moses, all that he could say is I AM THAT I AM.
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
Dear Child of God! That is he... The great I AM.
He can never be equated. He can never be duplicated. He can never have a rival; HE can never have a beginning and he does not have an end. He is eternal; HE is immortal;
1. HE IS THE BEGINNING AND THE END:
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
2. He is the Lord.
That the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, I am the LORD: speak thou unto Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say unto thee.
3. He is the Lord that healeth us:
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
4. He is a Gracious God.
and it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear; for I am gracious.
5. He is the Lord that sanctifies us.
And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.
6. He is a holy God.
Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the LORD which hallow you,
7. He is GOD.
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
8. He is GOD that makes all things.
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
9. God created all alone and there was no other Gods beside him.
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
10. He is the Lord that teaches us.
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
11. He is GOD thy deliverer.
Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
12. He is GOD of all flesh and nothing is difficult for him.
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
13. He is understanding.
Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
14. He is a great king:
But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the LORD a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.
15. He is a God who changes not.
For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Christ carried the same glory of the father
1. Jesus said he is with us always.
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
2. Jesus himself said " I AM"
And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
3. Jesus said that he is the way, the truth and the life.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
4. Jesus is the Light.
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
5. Jesus said that he is the door.
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
6. Jesus said he is vine and he is the shepherd.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
7. Jesus said he is in the Father and the Father God in him.
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
8. Jesus is Master and Lord.
Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
9. Jesus is the resurrection and life.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
10. Jesus is the Son of God.
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
11. It is CHRIST who lived, died and alive for ever more.
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Dear Child of God,
God is GOD. There can be none equal or more to him. This includes to the devil too.
Today let us know our Great God who is with us, that we will not be fooled by the enemy.
He is GOD the Emmanuel.
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
He is GOD with us. Know more about this great I AM. ... May God reveal to us more. Amen.