2. Christ said when we know the truth the truth will make us free. (V32)
3. For this the Jews said they were the seed of Abraham and they were not under bondage to any man. They asked him why they are telling them to become free. (V33)
4. Jesus said to them that whoever commits a sin they are servants of sin. (V34)
5. The servant cannot stay in the house forever but the son can. (V35)
6. Hence if the son shall make us free we are indeed free. (V36)
7. Jesus told the Jews that though they were of Abraham's seed, still they seek to kill Christ because his word has no place in them. (V37)
8. Jesus said he does things of his father but they are doing things of their father. (V38)
9. For this they said Abraham was their father. For this Christ said they will do the works of Abraham if they were his children. ( v39)
10. Christ told them then why do they seek to kill him who speak to them the words of God when Abraham never did so. (V40)
LIFE APPLICATION 1:
FREEDOM IN CHRIST:
Today's meditation help us to realise how we are bound and how we are set free through the truth. (V34)
SIN and it's consequences:
Dear Child of God! Sin is a dangerous disease than cancer. It can make us its servant. It can get us bound... and make us to end up in eternal damnation. Do not play with sin. Sin has a potential to get you into a deep bondage.
SIN brings curse and curse brings death.
A. Sin does not give us rest. Our bones become restless because of sin.
There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
B. If we sin against God we shall die.
Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
C. We are destroying our own soul when we sin.
But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.
Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not.
D. Sin is alluring; but at last it bites like a serpent.
Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
E. One sin can lead to many sins and end us up in a mess.
Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
F. Sin is addictive. It will make you want it more till you are destroyed completely.
They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.
G. Sin operates in darkness:
Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.
The WORD of GOD says the man who sins is a slave to sin. The wages of sin is death. But Christ came to give us life and life in abundance.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
The redemption work of Christ:
Dear Child of God! How much ever your life is a mess. Christ came to set the captives free.
He came down to heaven only to heal your broken heart and heal your aching wounds. He is concerned of you to build you up again.
The spirit of God filled Christ without measure that we that are captives and are bound are set free.
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Christ has manifested that he can take away all our sins.
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
This is what CHRIST said whom the son sets free they are free indeed. If we know the truth the truth will set us free.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
LIFE APPLICATION: 2
BECOMING DISCIPLES of GOD:
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Here below are some marks and traits of true disciples of God.
A. If we continue in the word of God we are the disciples of God.
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
B. We are disciples of CHRIST when we love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
C. We become disciples of CHRIST when we give more fruits for his glory.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
D. How CHRIST is so will be his disciples.
It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
E. Disciples carry their cross to follow Christ.
And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Shortly, disciple is a person who sits at the feet of his master each day to learn from him and to follow him wherever he goes.
So once we are out of our sins through the power of the cross, God invites us to walk in the freedom as being disciples of Christ, taking his nature on us.
So this is how the series goes.
1. Allow the spirit of God to convict you of your sins.
2. Repent and ask the blood of Christ to cleanse you.
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
3. Believe and be immersion baptised as a symbol of your repentance and regeneration.
And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
4. Be a part of a spirit filled church which will nourish and help you sustain this new freedom you have found in Christ.
5. Continue in his word as CHRIST said being his disciple with a renewed mind.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
May the good Lord lead you through these stages as you work up the salvation of your souls.