2. When they wanted wine, Mary told them they have no wine ( v3)
3. Jesus answers Woman what do I have to do with thee? Mine hour has not yet come. (V4)
4. Mary instructs the servants to do what Jesus says. (V5)
5. Jesus tells the servants to fill the six waterpots of stone, kept there for purification of Jews with water. They filled it to the brim. (V6,7)
6. Jesus instructed them to draw out and give to the governor of the feast. (V8)
7. When the governor of the feast tasted the wine, he called the bride groom and said.,
" Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now."
8. This is the first miracle Jesus did in Cana of Galilee and his disciples believed him. (V11)
1. Jesus wants to be a part of our daily affairs in life. For this he expects us to invite him into those areas of our lives that needs his touch.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
He wants to sit with us and sup with us discussing our life issues with him. We don't need to carry heavy burdens of impossiblities when we have such a faithful friend for us.
THE POWER OF INTERCESSION:
2. In this incident, I see Mary has a powerful intercessor. It is these intercessors who move the heart of God to do miracles. (V3)
Duties of an intercessor:
1. Taking responsibility for others problems to bring them to God's notice. (V3)
2. Tarrying in God's presence till his heart is moved to respond. (V4)
3. Believing and seeing by Faith that God is a God of impossibilities.
4. Instructing people to believe in Christ and to do what he instructs them to do. (V5)
Shortly, intercessors are great people standing between God and Man, with a strong will never to give up, but an yielded spirit moving God's heart to do miracles for people sake.
Life Application 3:
The battle was already complete in the Spiritual realm when Mary interceeded.
The physical victory depends on how well we hear the Voice of God and obey. (V5)
OBEDIENCE of the Servants:
If we are called to be the servants of God, let us make sure, we allow the Holy Spirit to fill our Earthen vessels with the right kind of water and that too, to the brim.
It is the Holy Spirit who fills us with God's word and draw from us to give to others.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
This treasure is that of the gospel of CHRIST.
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Here water means the word of God.
When this water of the word of God is drawn to be born to others, God changes it to be the choicest wine. ( V8-10)
In both these below verses, wine signifies prosperity.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth out of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.
Israel then shall dwell in safety alone: the fountain of Jacob shall be upon a land of corn and wine; also his heavens shall drop down dew.
But, it is also written in these verses about the Fountain that flows from the house of God and about the Fountain of Jacob which both signifies the BLOOD of CHRIST that is shed for a remission of sins. Please check out the verse below.
In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
So putting it all together, the Holy Spirit draws the gospel of CHRIST and bear it to people, from Earthen vessels, the servants of God filled to the brim, with the word.
This water, the GOSPEL OF CHRIST empowered by his BLOOD, when received becomes the choicest blessing in our lives.
I pray that the Spirit of God will open our eyes to get more deeper insight of the living waters, the word of God.