Dear friends….wish you all a blessed day! We are going to meditate on the 3rd chapter of Ephesians in this series, today. This Chapter gives us a glimpse of the mystery of how Gentiles can become partakers of the promise in Christ, the grace given to Paul to make this mystery known to all men and a wonderful prayer that Paul makes for us that inspire every Christian to pray each day.
The Mystery of Gentiles being fellow- heirs:
Paul talks about the mystery of the Gentiles being fellow heirs, in this 3rd Chapter (Verses 1-6). He talks about this mystery more in Chapter 2 and I would urge you to refer to the meditation on Chapter 2 (http://christlovelovelin.blogspot.ae/2015/01/the-prize-of-salvation.html ) to know more.
- THE GREATEST MYSTERY: Gentiles can be fellow-heirs and of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ – by the Gospel of truth. (3:6)
- This mystery was not made known before days, but is revealed now to the holy apostles and prophets through the Holy Spirit. (3:5)
- Paul describes himself a prisoner of Christ, for this cause. (3:1)
- Paul has been given the grace to understand this mystery, and he describes it more in Chapter 2, so that we may read understand his knowledge about it.(3:2-4)
The Grace given to Paul:
- According to the gift of grace given to Paul, by the effectual working of God`s power, he was made a minister. (3:7)
- Though he considers himself, the least of all saints, this grace was given to him so that he can preach about this great mystery of the unsearchable riches of Christ to the gentiles. (3:8)
- This great mystery of Gentiles coming to Christ Jesus has been hidden in God since the beginning of the world. Paul`s goal is to make all men know about this mystery (3:9)
- So that the manifold wisdom of God will be made known even in the heavenly places, among the powers and principalities, through the church (3:10)
(This describes the authority we have over the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, through Christ Jesus).
- Hence we have boldness to access God with confidence through Christ Jesus, according to the eternal purpose God purposed in Christ. (3:11,12)
Prayer of Paul for us:
Paul bows his knees before the Father God, in whom the heaven and earth are named and made this prayer below. (3:14, 15)
He prays this prayer so that we will not faint looking at the tribulation he undergoes for us. (3:13)
If you are a believer and undergoing trials and tribulations for Christ sake, make this prayer of Paul, yours too.
- Paul prays that we will be strengthened in the inner man, by the might of God`s spirit. (3:16)
- That Christ may dwell in our hearts by faith (3:17)
- That we may be rooted and grounded in the Love of God (3:17)
- That we will be able to comprehend the length, breadth, depth and the height of the knowledge of Christ which passes all knowledge (3:18,19)
- That we will be filled with all the fullness of God. (3:20)
- God is able to do exceeding abundantly more than what we can ask or think of, according to his power that works in us. (3:20)
- To God is the glory in the church by Christ Jesus. – Amen.
Follow the link to read Ephesians 3 in the Bible: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians%203