|BE A PARTAKER OF CHRIST JESUS|
CHRIST - FAITHFUL OVER HIS OWN HOUSE:
1. Being the partakers of the heavenly calling Paul urge us to consider the life of Christ Jesus as an apostle and high priest. (3:1)
2. Christ was faithful to God who appointed him just as Moses was faithful in all his house. (3:2)
3. The one who has built the house has more honor than the house itself. In a similar way, Christ being God is worthy of more glory than Moses. (3:3).
4. Every house is built by some man, but it is God who built all things. (3:4).
5. Moses was faithful as a servant in all his house, pertaining to the testimony of those things that were yet to come. (3:5)
6. Christ is faithful as a son over his own house. (3:6).
7. If we hold fast to the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm till the end, then we are the house of Christ. (3:6).
GRIEVING THE HEART OF GOD:
8. This is why the Holy Spirit tells us that, today if we will hear God`s voice (3:7), we should not harden our hearts and provoke God, as it happened in the day of temptation in the wilderness in Moses` times. (3:8).
9. Our fore-fathers tempted God, they proved him and saw his works for forty years. (3:9).
10. Hence, God was so grieved with that generation and said in his wrath that they always err in their hearts and have not known God`s ways. (3:10) and that they shall not enter into God`s rest. (3: 11).
11.With whom was God grieved for forty years? Whose carcases fell in the wilderness? To whom God sware that they should not enter his rest? (3:15 - 3:17).
12. He did so for those who had sinned and them that believed not. ( 3:18).
13. Hence, we see that they could not enter into the promised land because of their unbelief. (3:19).
HOLDING ON TO CONFIDENCE:
14. This is why brethren, we need to take heed not to have an evil heart of unbelief, thereby departing from the living God. (3:12).
15. We need to exhort one another everyday, that we will not be hardened by the deceit of sin. (3:13).
16. For, if we hold on to the confidence we had in the beginning, steadfast till the end, we are made to be partakers of Christ. (3:14)
Dear Lord Jesus! thank you for edifying us through your word in Hebrews Chapter 3. Lord! give us the grace not to have an evil heart of unbelief, thereby departing from the living God. Help us Lord! not to harden our hearts by the deceit of sin, thereby provoking you as it happened in the day of temptation in the wilderness. Enable us Lord, to exhort one another and hold on to the confidence we had in the beginning, till the end that we may be partakers of Christ Jesus...... In Jesus mighty name we pray,