Jesus, the God and Man
Greetings to all in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Learn more about how the word became flesh as Jesus and manifested unto us, in this study on 1st John Chapter 1.
Through this chapter John is proclaiming about how Jesus who is God came as a Man in flesh and how we can live a sinless life through our fellowship with him.
Scroll down to know more…...
The word of God became Flesh:
1. It was prophesied about the birth of Jesus in the beginning (i.e.) from the time God created heaven and earth, John knew it was true because he had seen, heard and touched Jesus. The Word of God became flesh as Jesus. (1 John 1:1)
2. The life appeared as Jesus. He clothed himself in the form of flesh for each of us and died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins. Thus giving us eternal life. This eternal life was with the Father, but now manifested to us, through Jesus. (1John 1:2)
Fellowship with Jesus
3. John is sharing this, so that we would also enter into a relationship with Jesus like himself…...and does have fellowship with the father and his son Jesus Christ. ( 1 John 1:3)
4. As Christ resides in our hearts our Joy is full (1 John 1:4)
5. John declares what he experienced in Jesus, as Jesus being the purest form and is full of light. In him there in no trifle of sin. (1 John 1:5)
6. But if we walk in the light, having Jesus as our guide, God is faithful to transform us into a Christ like image i.e to live in peace with one another and love others just the way Christ loves us. The blood of Jesus Christ washes away all our sins. (1 John 1:7)
7. John also explains us that, if we claim to have fellowship with Jesus and yet continue living in sin, we are lying as we are not abiding in his word and still walking In darkness (1 John 1:6)
8. There is none in the world who has not sinned and if anybody claims to be sinless, we are deceiving ourselves and we are not living in the truth. (1 John 1:8,10)
9. But we have a Father who is faithful to forgive our sins and make us righteousness if we confess it to him. ( 1 John 1:9)
A Final Word:
The word of God became flesh as Jesus Christ. If you have not entered into a fellowship with this God who came in flesh and still living a life of SIN AND DARKNESS, then invite him into your heart and this is your day of salvation. Jesus came to give you LIFE AND LIFE IN ABUNDANCE.
If you are struggling with strain relationships, invite Jesus into your heart and ask him to help you to love others the way he loved us and help you to abide in his word.
Lastly, if you feel you have no sin, CHECK OUT; you may be on the danger grounds of self righteousness as in ( (1 John 1:8,10) ; Confess your sins and God is faithful enough to make you whole….. Let the love of Christ abide in you. Amen.