There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
As I was meditating on the word of God, I was brooding over this particular topic on fear for a while. Fear is a peculiar weapon that the enemy uses to shatter the faith of Christians. Fear can keep you under bondage (Romans 8: 15). Fear can torment you. ( 1 John 4: 18) Fear is one among the most fiery darts the devil use to get you paralyzed, frozen and to even give up your walk with the Lord. As humans, we are vulnerable. We fear of things we do not know. We fear things yet to come. We fear consequences of our past. We fear death, at times we even fear to live. We fear people. We fear demons and why not, we even fear GOD out of condemnation.
This is how the devil works. He put thoughts of fear in you and stands as a silent spectator watching the way you react. As you give way, he puts in more of such thoughts till you wind up in depression. Another deception of the devil is to make you feel intimidated when you dare to acknowledge your hidden fears, so that you will be in the same vicious cycle again.
If you have been gripped by fear of any nature, be it acknowledged or hidden, the good news is that you are not alone. Fear had been the devil`s weapon since ages and that is why, the word `Fear not ` has been documented in the Bible for more than 365 times, (as if God is telling us not to fear everyday of the year).
If you have been a captive of fear, today is your day to conquer it. It is written in Hebrews 2: 14, 15 that Jesus died on the cross to take victory over death so that we are no longer under the bondage of fear of death. The Love of God is higher, deeper and wider enough to cast away all your fears. God has given us the spirit of adoption whereby we can cry unto him Abba Father.
So if you are someone seeking how to loosen yourself from fear, just follow these simple steps below.
- Come before God as you are, as a clay in the potter`s hands, as a child to his or her father, as a creation to the creator, as a captive to the deliverer and cry out to him till he puts his loving hands around you and whisper not to fear.
- Honestly acknowledge and renounce every of your hidden fears before him, till your burdens are lifted up.
- Meditate on the word of God till your armor of faith rise enough to repel every dart of fear aimed at you.
- Be filled with the love of Christ and be ready to take every thought captive according to 2 Corinthians 10:5.
- Use the sword of the word of God and all - prayer to fight back. Remember, We are more than conquerors through Christ who loved us.(Romans 8:37). God bless!